Individuals who have been working in Singapore can apply for Singapore Permanent Residency (PR) under the Scheme for Professional/ Technical Personnel/ Skilled Workers. Under this scheme, the applicant has to be working in Singapore on an Employment Pass, Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) or S Pass.
The individual can apply to obtain Singapore PR for his or her whole family, i.e. the applicant, the spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21. The family will be able to work, live and play in Singapore. There are many advantages to holding a Singapore PR. Singapore is often rated as one of the best places to live in the world. It is extremely safe and corrupt-free and has one of the best education and housing systems in the world. Obtaining Singapore PR will grant you access to PR rates for government healthcare, education as well as lower stamp duties when purchasing Singapore property among many other benefits.
Here are the documentation requirements for the PR application:
- Valid travel document and passport pages showing personal particulars and official descriptions
- Employment Pass or S Pass
- Identity card (if applicable)
- Birth certificate or official household census list or family register showing both parents’ name
- Deed poll or change of name certificate (if applicable)
- Highest educational certificates (including all tertiary qualifications), transcripts, professional license/membership certificates and vocational trade certificates
- Testimonials from previous employer(s) stating the nature and duration of employment and the last drawn basic salary (if any)
- Payslips for the last 6 months (So technically you will need to be working in Singapore for more than 6 months before applying)
- Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, the position held, salary per month for the past 6 months with a breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission
- IRAS consent form to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore directly
- (For self-employed) Valid Business Registration Certificate with the names of partners shown
- (For self-employed) Occupational license pertaining to your employment (e.g. Stall license, business license, property agent license)
The following additional documents are required if you are married
- Official marriage certificate
- Death certificate or divorce certificate in respect of your previous marriages (if any)
- Custody papers for the child(ren) in respect of your previous marriage(s) (if any)
- Spouse’s highest educational certificates (including all tertiary qualifications), transcripts, professional license/membership certificates and vocational trade certificates
If you are including your spouse in the application, please include the following
- Spouse’s valid travel document with valid Immigration Pass and passport pages showing personal particulars and official descriptions are required
- Spouse’s birth certificate showing both parents’ name
- Spouse’s deed poll or change of name certificate (if applicable)
- Spouse’s identity card (if applicable)
- Death certificate or divorce certificate and the custody papers for the child(ren) in respect of your spouse’s previous marriage(s) (if any)
The following additional documents are required If you are including your child(ren) in the application
- Child’s valid travel document with valid Immigration Pass and passport pages showing personal particulars and official descriptions
- Child’s birth certificate showing both the child’s and the parents’ names
- Child’s adoption papers (if applicable)
- Child’s deed poll or change of name certificate (if applicable)
When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced ACRA Filing Agent.
The editorial team at ACRA Filing Agent.
For more useful articles and videos, visit the ACRA Filing Agent useful Articles page.
If you would like to submit a question or would like us to do an article on certain topics, please email us at [email protected].